Skip to content
- Monaco GP: Is this the weekend Mercedes are defeated? Posted By Edward Hardy on May 24, 2019 |
Following five consecutive one-twos, Mercedes have taken domination to a whole new level thus far in 2019.
After three wins for Lewis Hamilton and two for Valtteri Bottas, just seven points separate both in the championship with what now seems to be a title race between the ...
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in practice Posted By F1.co.uk on May 23, 2019 |
Lewis Hamilton pipped Valtteri Bottas as Mercedes dominated second practice at the Monaco Grand Prix.
The world champion was just 0.081 seconds ahead of the Finn.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen, third behind the Mercedes in first practice, missed much of the second as a result of a water leak and ...
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton edges Max Verstappen in first practice Posted By derek on May 23, 2019 |
Lewis Hamilton edged out Max Verstappen by just 0.059 seconds to head first practice at the Monaco Grand Prix.
Hamilton’s Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas was 0.072secs off the pace as the top three drivers were closely matched around the street circuit.
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc was fourth, 0.361secs off the pace ...
- Hamilton excused media duties in Monaco following Lauda's death Posted By derek on May 22, 2019 |
Lewis Hamilton was excused from his media duties before the Monaco Grand Prix on Wednesday following the death of Niki Lauda.
Hamilton was set to attend the official news conference but his Mercedes team asked for him to be excused.
Lauda was the non-executive chairman of the Mercedes team and ...
- Monaco Grand Prix: Can Mercedes be stopped in Monte Carlo? Posted By derek on May 22, 2019 |
It seems the other 18 drivers and nine teams on the grid will have to pull out something special to stop Mercedes this season.
The Spanish Grand Prix saw Lewis Hamilton pass pole-sitter and team-mate Valtteri Bottas into the first corner and stride away for a comfortable victory and ...
- Niki Lauda: World champion Lewis Hamilton pays tribute to 'bright light in my life' Posted By F1.co.uk on May 21, 2019 |
World champion Lewis Hamilton has paid tribute to Niki Lauda by saying he was “a bright light in my life”.
Lauda, who won the Formula 1 drivers’ championship in 1975, 1977 and 1984, died aged 70.
Hamilton worked alongside Lauda with the Mercedes F1 team, where the Austrian was non-executive ...
- Niki Lauda: Tributes paid after F1 legend dies aged 70 Posted By F1.co.uk on May 21, 2019 |
Three-time Formula 1 world champion Niki Lauda produced the “most courageous act of any sportsman” in returning to racing so soon after a horrific crash, says former team-mate John Watson.
Austrian Lauda, who won the drivers championship in 1975, 1977 and 1984, died aged 70 on Monday.
He almost died ...
- Niki Lauda obituary: 'A remarkable life lived in Technicolor' Posted By derek on May 21, 2019 |
Niki Lauda, who has died aged 70, was a three-time Formula 1 world champion, non-executive chairman of the world champion Mercedes team, and one of the biggest names in motorsport.
He was also a pilot and successful businessman, who set up two airlines and continued to occasionally captain their ...
- Austrian F1 legend Niki Lauda dies at 70 Posted By F1.co.uk on May 21, 2019 |
Three-times Formula One world champion Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70, his family says.
The Austrian took the title for Ferrari in 1975 and 1977 and for McLaren in 1984.
A family statement said he died peacefully with them by his side.
Lauda was badly burned in a ...
- Optimism could soon be regret for Daniel Ricciardo Posted By Edward Hardy on May 20, 2019 |
In the summer of 2018, Daniel Ricciardo shocked the Formula One world. His decision to leave podium-chasers Red Bull for midfield Renault caused aghast amongst fans, pundits and team principles.
Many created comparisons to Lewis Hamilton in 2012 with his decision to join then midfield, Mercedes, yet ...