COVID-19 Update from AW Hainsworth
16h April 2020 09:50am
We are aiming to bring back an additional number of colleagues to work with those already on site currently manufacturing the protective fabrics for the emergency services. This will increase capacity gradually to enable fulfilment of our commitments to confirmed orders, and build a vital stock for future requirements to service all our markets. It will therefore be possible to commence contact with our business to place orders and make enquiries for all the products we make, from the 20th April.
This decision has been made only after careful consideration for the safety and wellbeing of our workforce.
We respect the guideline from the government and health authorities by ensuring the following practices are in place.
- Anyone with the symptoms to self-isolate for 14 days from immediate effect.
- All travel for the business is cancelled.
- No visitors allowed on site, only carriers and essential contract workers.
- Our colleagues identified in the high risk category or carers remain in isolation.
- Colleagues able to work from home will work from home. Strong fast speed IT connections throughout the business linking everyone remotely any time of the day.
- Restricted numbers of colleagues per area of the business. 2 metre social distance lines throughout the site, all colleagues maintaining this distance.
- Restricted use of canteen area to reduce interaction, smaller refreshment areas posted throughout the business.
- Reduced movement through the site
- Cleaning routines in place in all departments and specialised products available in each area to ensure surfaces, door handles, machine control panels are kept clean
- Cleaning stations available at key entrances to the company. Hand washing facilities available throughout the business.
- A procedure for fumigation and safe working in place.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and consideration. We are committed to do our very best to ensure we can support you and your businesses through this difficult time.
03rd April 16:15pm
Regretfully, due to the changing situation surrounding COVID-19 we have today taken the decision to extend our closure to the 20th April. This is with the exception of protective fabrics manufacturing which remains open in support of the health and wellbeing of emergency services and ensures that they themselves remain operational.
As you will appreciate this is an ever evolving situation and we will do our best to keep you informed.
We thank you for your continued patience and support at this time of uncertainty, this is very much appreciated.
24th March 17.30pm
It is with regret that due to the changing situation surrounding COVID-19, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close AW Hainsworth manufacturing from the end of the week in the interest of the safety of our colleagues, contractors and the greater community. We aim to dispatch as many orders as possible this week.
We aim to reopen on the 13th April. On our return, we will continue to protect those colleagues in the vulnerable category and therefore assess carefully the resourcing of the manufacturing team accordingly.
As you will appreciate, this is an ever evolving situation and we will do our best to keep you informed. Please continue to check our website for further updates.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and support at this time of uncertainty, this is very much appreciated.
17th March 16.30pm
We believe it is our primary duty to look after the health, safety and well-being of our colleagues, valued customers and supply partners.
Further to the recent guidelines for the handling of COVID-19 from the Government, we would like to communicate the measures we continue to take to manage our business through these uncertain times.
The following practices are in place:
- Anyone with the symptoms of a cough and high temperature, or in the same household as someone displaying these symptoms are asked to self-isolate for 14 days from immediate effect.
- Unnecessary travel limited/cancelled.
- Visitors/contractors coming to the mill are asked to confirm they have not visited any countries of risk, do not have the symptoms and have not been exposed to others showing the symptoms, prior to arriving at the mill.
- Our colleagues identified in the high risk category, have been issued with options such as home working or change of work stations, and the reduction of contact with others is being considered on an individual basis.
- Gatherings of large groups of colleagues and movement between departments restricted.
- Deep clean of communal eating areas and facilities.
- Colleagues able to work from home given the option to do so where practical.
- Cleaning routines in place in all departments and cleaning stations available at key entrances to the company.
- Strong fast speed IT connections throughout the business linking everyone remotely any time of the day.
These are unprecedented circumstance but we hope to manage our production accordingly. So far, production is continuing as normal. The Board review the situation on a day by day basis and any updates will continue to be communicated via our website.
We thank you for your continued support and our thoughts go out to everyone at this very difficult time.