Pumpkin soup is one of the easiest ways to make a delicious winter starter. You can use as many or as little ingredients as you like. We add a tsp of SACO Baobab Powder to make it even more nutritious.
- 1 kg of raw chopped Pumpkin
- 2tbp of olive extra virgin oil
- 1 1/2 roughly chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsps SACO Baobab Powder
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
- 1 tbp of coconut milk (or your favourite cream)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large thick-bottomed pot
- Add the onions and the garlic, and cook on medium heat until soft
- Add the chopped pumpkin and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Stir the ingredients occasionally.
- Add the stock and the bay leaf. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 20-25 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup (add a little bit more stock if necessary to adjust consistency).
- Add a splash of coconut milk and 2 tsp of SACO Baobab Powder
- Adjust the salt and add black pepper to your taste
- Add a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin Soup was first seen on SACO Super Foods