Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables.
I enjoy them steamed and seasoned with salt and a drop of olive oil.
My boys, on the other end, are not big fans. So over the years I have been experimenting a lot with different recipes, with the hope to change their mind about this delicious veggie.
The cauliflower and baobab fritter is the recipe that helped me turn even the fussiest eater of the family into a believer .
These cauliflower fritters can make a fantastic starter or a side for special occasions. It can also be served as a simple lunch.
You can have them as they are or with a creamy yogurt dip.
- 1 large fresh cauliflower
- 150g of self raising flour
- 1 tbsp of ,SACO baobab powder
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces
- Place the florets into a medium sized saucepan and cover with water
- Add a pinch of salt and bring to boil
- Let simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender
- Drain the water, but remember to save some of the cooking water in a bowl
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower in a bowl and mash with the help of a potato masher
- Add the flour, baobab powder, salt, pepper, parmesan and the chopped fresh parsley.
- Add some of the cauliflower cooking water to the bowl and stir all the ingredients until you get the right consistency.
- Heat the frying oil to the right temperature and add the mixture one spoonful at a time
- Cook until golden brown
- Serve on their own or with a yogurt dip
- The consistency of the mix should be right in the middle. If it’s too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water. If it’s too runny, adjust with 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
- Leave out the parmesan or replace with vegan parmesan cheese for a plant-based version
Have you made something delicious with SACO Baobab Powder?
Share your creation with us on Instagram and tag @sacosuperfoods
Cauliflower and Baobab Fritters was first seen on SACO Super Foods