LONDON, UK, 23rd August 2023 – The World Pool, in an exclusive partnership with Tote, gives UK horse racing punters the chance to bet with fans worldwide in one place, creating a multi-million pound pool betting experience that brings everyone together.
In pursuit of its goal of supporting and expanding horse racing, World Pool has announced the addition of four new race days (from 21 to 25), with new additions in Australia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Ireland.
How Do You Bet On The World Pool?
There is incredible value to be found in World Pool given the size of the pools created and the diversity of views from racing fans all over the globe, for example:
- Tote win beats SP 72% of the time at Tote.co.uk across 2022 and 2023 World Pool races
- Unlike traditional bookmakers Tote welcomes winning customers and never restricts customers for winning
- With diverse opinions and horses and jockeys from around the world competing, there are always interesting betting angles and odds to be found on World Pool days
- The Tote’s typical overround online on a World Pool day is c.106%, versus c.115-130% with bookmakers
The seven bet types in World Pool are:
- Win (Single Leg bet) – Pick the winner of the race
- Place (Single Leg bet) – Pick a horse to be placed. Hong Kong place terms apply
- Exacta (Single Leg bet) – Pick the first two horses in the correct order
- Trifecta (Single Leg bet) – Also known as the Tierce. Select the winner, the second, and the third horse in the correct order
- Quinella (Single Leg bet) – Select the first two finishers in either order
- Swinger (Single Leg bet) – Also known as the Quinella Place, pick two horses to finish first, second or third in any order
- Treble (Multi Leg bet) – Pick the first horse in the last three races
Key Statistics for 2023
- 28 countries commingling to create World Pool events
- 18 days in UK and Ireland, up from 17 in 2022
- 126 races across UK and Irish World Pool events
- £650 million global turnover across World Pool days in 2022
- £521 million into the UK and Irish World Pool pools in 2022 – up 44% on 2022
- 5 British Racecourses hosting World Pool events
- 2 Irish Racecourses hosting World Pool events
- £31.4 million in prize money across the 18 UK and Irish World Pool events – up 11% on 2022
- £100,000+ in prizes on offer to racing staff for World Pool Moment of the Day and Year
- 7 Tote bet types included in World Pool events
- 7+ runners needed in a race for all bet types to be available
How Much Money Does The World Pool Put Back Into Horse Racing?
Not only does World Pool help further internationalise the sport and shine the global spotlight on participating racecourses, it also generates vital betting revenue and increased media rights for the sport, in the region of £500,000 – £800,000 a day. World Pool is a key part of the future sustainable funding of the sport.
World Pool Moment of the Day and Year provides £100,000+ in prizes for racing staff participating in World Pool. The World Pool Moment of the Day winning member of racing staff from this season’s 25 global World Pool days will have the chance to be named World Pool Moment of the Year and win a VIP trip for four to Hong Kong for either the 2024 Hong Kong Derby or 2024 FWD Champions Day.
 “The World Pool days produce a major additional income for racecourses like Ascot – between £500,000 – £800,000 per race day which makes a major difference to the bottom line.” Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, CEO of Hong Kong Jockey Club, October 2021.
How else does the Tote support Racing?
Here are some the biggest sponsorships by Tote:
- A share of all Tote Gaming Revenue Goes Back to Horse Racing
- Racing Welfare Charitable Donation
- Racing to School Charitable Donation
- Greatwood Charitable Donation
- The Injured Jockeys Fund Charitable Donation
- Racehorse Owners Association Sponsorship Scheme
- Numerous sponsorships across UK and Ireland including The Tote Chester Cup and The Tote Galway Plate
Tote’s York Ebor Festival Betting Offers
Check out all the latest York Ebor Festival Tote Betting Offers.
The current Tote welcome bonus is bet 10 get 30 in free bets.
According to James Dooley from British Racecourses – “The sport of horse racing would not be here today if it was not for The Tote and World Pool generous sponsorship deals, over the past decade. It’s great to witness World Pool and the Tote investing in British racing the way they are. This boost benefits owners, trainers, jockeys with better prize money, and punters with improved value.”.
So if you hear World Pool you should think Tote.
Could Tote World Pool Save The Future of UK Horse Racing? was first seen on Sports Betting Operator