Skip to content
- Sainz to race for McLaren from 2019 Posted on Aug 16, 2018 |
McLaren have today confirmed that Carlos Sainz will replace outgoing racer, and fellow spaniard, Fernando Alonso for the 2019 season, in the Formula 1 world championship.
Twenty-three year old Sainz ‘Jnr’, son of former double World Rally Champion, Carlos Sainz, will move from the Renault team that he currently drives ...
- Rockingham future uncertain after sale Posted on Aug 16, 2018 |
Rockingham Motor Speedway’s future looks uncertain as the circuit last night released a statement admitting that there would be a ‘change of business operations’ following the sale of the Northanptonshire venue.
The statement read; “A sale of Rockingham Motor Speedway Ltd has now completed and as a result, there will ...
- Battle of Britain action heads for Croft Posted on Aug 16, 2018 |
Next weekend (August 25/26th) sees competitors on two, three and four wheels converge on Croft Circuit for the traditional Battle of Britain race meeting organised once again under the expertise of Darlington & District Motor Club.
The meeting is unique in as much that it runs cars, bikes and sidecars ...
- Alonso will not race in F1 in 2019 Posted on Aug 14, 2018 |
Double Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso has confirmed he will not be racing in F1 in 2019. A statement from McLaren read;
McLaren Racing today confirms that double F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso will not race in Formula 1 in 2019.
Fernando, who turned 37 in July, is competing in ...
- Pirelli ‘ready to face’ F1 tyre war Although Pirelli are “ready” to face a tyre war should F1 go in that direction, Mario Isola believes having one supplier makes more financial sense.
Pirelli become Formula 1’s sole supplier at the start of the 2011 season, replacing Bridgestone.
Bridgestone had been F1’s only supplier from 2007 after Michelin withdrew from the sport.
And while Pirelli has ...
- Has IndyCar dropped a hint about Alonso’s plans? IndyCar may have dropped the biggest hint yet about Fernando Alonso’s future plans, either for 2019 or for lunch today.
This past weekend the double World Champion took to social media to announce, well, an upcoming announcement.
The McLaren driver, whose has been linked to a move away from Formula 1 and to IndyCar, hinted of an ...
- Leclerc: Progress looks bigger than it is Posted on Aug 14, 2018 |
Date published: August 14 2018
Charles Leclerc reckons Sauber’s in-season progress has looked “bigger” than it is really is given his struggles in the opening races.
Leclerc made his Formula 1 debut at the start of this season, racing alongside Marcus Ericsson at Sauber.
The duo both struggled in the opening races ...
- Massa: On pure talent Michael and Fernando on same level Posted on Aug 13, 2018 |
Felipe Massa a distinction of being a teammate to two of the most respected Formula 1 drivers of the past two decades namely Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso, both during their times at Ferrari.
The Brazilian who retired from F1 at the end of the last season spoke about his two former ...
- Barnard: Matrix management does not work in F1 Posted on Aug 13, 2018 |
Legendary Formula 1 designer John Barnard was the first the senior ex-McLaren staffer to publically question the direction his former team has taken, again he predicts that only a great deal of money and hard work are going to turn around the organisation.
Barnard was part of McLaren in the eighties, his ...
- Fighter Niki has already started physiotherapy Posted on Aug 13, 2018 |
Austrian media report that Formula 1 legend Niki Lauda is in the process of recovery and rehabilitation after undergoing a lung transplant after a series of events that nearly cost the Mercedes F1 chairman his life earlier this month.
Website portal oe24.tv report that “Niki is getting better” and added: “Great ...